02 July 2009

A New Roomie and Kidney Stones

My biggest update right now, because it happened so recently, was that I went to the ER for kidney stones! Can you believe it? My pain started on Monday on my left side and then on Tuesday, the day that Casy moved out of the city and into our house, it started on my right side. I felt really bad because I kept having to take breaks from moving boxes down to the truck and neither of us realized what was really going on. By Wednesday morning at about 4AM, I had to go to the ER for a little help.

Apparently, I have one more stone in each kidney, besides the ones I passed, and they could pass next week or 10 years from now. They’re not too big so it shouldn’t be too bad whenever they decide they’ve had enough of my kidney and would like to tour my bladder.

Bring on child birth.

Casy and I finally got to library to start our memberships, and it's awesome. I haven’t met a library I didn’t like…and this one has a great art section, which makes me love it even more. It has tons of books about art history and crafting and drawing.

Fiction-wise, I’m reading Godmother, which is the secret version of Cinderella (what really happened through the eyes of Cinderella’s fairy godmother) and another one of the No. 1 First Ladies' Detective Agency books, which I still adore.

In other news, Casy and I are getting ready for our first backyard cookout on Saturday, and these efforts include unpacking, cleaning, shopping for food, and cooking. We're making good progress so far, despite the time set back we had from those calcium marbles bouncing around in my organs.

I wish I had nothing but good news about our garden, but now our broccoli is being eaten by cabbage loopers and we have a bit of mildew on the squash leaves (we’re hoping a baking soda and dish soap concoction will help with both)! But the herb garden on the deck is doing very well, so keep your fingers crossed about our veggies...we'll be sure to keep you updated!

We’re also planning a trip out to Oklahoma for later this summer, which we’re both really looking forward to. We miss those Faths!

AND at work, I’m starting a knitting/crocheting group with a few girls, one who has been knitting and crocheting for 50 years! We’re going to meet during lunch every week and this is my chance to learn how to knit! Grandmotherly? Yes. Awesome? Double yes.

Pictures?

Here's a good one of the boys. Claude is up top and Wilbur is sitting below. I'll try not to be a crazy cat lady and show pictures of my cats all the time, but sometimes I may not be able to help it. Like today.

Here is our lavender harvest from our potted herb. Small, but lovely.


And here is a rather out of date picture of the garden. Our broccoli is now demolished and everything is much bigger, but I thought this was pretty, so I'm posting it anyway!


Love, T.




1 comment:

  1. this is such a cute post TJ
    minus the sad part about the stupid KS.

    but the cats, herbs, broccolis being eaten by Cabbage loopers (or was it loops) is all so homely and "MEG" (from Little Women, Duh) like post.

    Ohh and not to mention the Knitting group,
    You should take secret pics of the group knitting away and post them on the blog LOL

    and more coz you are the founder of the group and you better get some credit.

    Love
    LG (yes right from the Prettiest Girl in PCG)

    ReplyDelete