We recently found a beautiful little house with an awesome commute for me (commute for Casy is yet to be determined...) and we’re about ½ way moved in. I still have some books and knick knacks in Highland Park that I need to collect and Casy is planning on moving his stuff in at the end of this month…and then we’re done!
This last weekend, we went down to the basement to find it under inches of water. It was crazy. Our sump pump didn’t work in one of the plugs down there and it had rained the whole week, so all that rain just collected in the basement. Casy and I went out and got a big broom and I swept as much water as I could toward the (now functioning) sump pump…it was looking pretty good yesterday, but it started to rain hard again this morning so we're keeping our fingers crossed!
AND when the sump pump started working again over the weekend, it dumped a bunch of water in our backyard, which eventually made its way down the hill and into our neighbor’s garden. So poor Casy listened to our neighbor vent about the history of the Sump Pump River, how it ruined her driveway (twice) and how it has now ruined her garden and maybe we could mention it to our landlord so he can reroute the water and make it go elsewhere. I felt bad for both of them.
Apparently, our Landlord from California is having someone come look at waterproofing the basement, so hopefully this won’t continue to be an issue.
What else? Our garden is exploding. I’m posting some pictures here that were taken about a week and a half ago and they’re already out of date. Every time I go out there the plants are bigger and we have more babies. We have baby squash, zucchini, and cucumbers and our tomatoes and peppers are flowering. Everything else is growing madly. And one of my new favorite things is the blue-green color of broccoli leaves.
And how can I not mention the boys? Claude and Wilbur seem to be adjusting well to their new digs… Wilbur can now act like a spaz in a larger space and with a big cat tree to swing around on, so he’s happy. He literally swings himself around the trunk of this cat tree...full circle...with only his little arms. His bottom portion goes around on momentum. Little gymnast.
Claude stands up on his legs and rests his two front paws on the windowsills (which are at chin level for him when he's standing up) to look out the windows…it’s pretty cute. He’s also enjoying his naps on the new king bed!
Pictures?
Here is our house:

And I love this picture that Casy took of a bumble bee in our front yard:

Here are a few pictures of our gardens (veggie and herb):


And one of our dinners, which consisted of a cheesy beer bread made by me and an antipasto salad made by Casy:





hey Theresa,
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing your blog with me
its beautiful !
i love the way you put together your thoughts.
hope to see more pics and interesting info about you two :) :)
Love
Lavanya
Yes, let's get some more going in here!
ReplyDelete