12 January 2010

Sweet Potato Fries with Herbes de Provence

I am dying to bake delicious things again. And by delicious, I mean sugary.


But I still have about a week of my cleanse to go, which means no sugar, dairy, or meat products. And limited carbs. This pretty much eliminates any sweet baking dish out there. What’s a girl to do?


Instead of baking something from the gorgeous baking mook that Jill got me for Christmas like I wanted to, I baked something healthy, without sugar, without flour, and without guilt: sweet potato fries with herbes de provence. Crisis averted.


And you know what? They’re super easy and super delicious.









I sliced a sweet potato into shoestring sized pieces, stuck them on a cookie sheet, and drizzled them with olive oil and herbes de provence (a mix of lavender, basil, thyme, and fennel).


Then I put them in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes, checking them every once in awhile for doneness. Casy likes his crispy, so at the very end, we broiled them for a couple of minutes. Yum!


And just since we haven’t said hello to the boys recently, here they are! Claude is absolutely loving Great Grandma Shirley's jean quilt.











This last one is of Claude at the nail salon. He’s just had a manicure.




Love, T.


No comments:

Post a Comment