26 June 2011

No Sugar Added Banana Blueberry Muffins

I love to bake, but baking in the summer is nearly impossible. It's just not worth heating the entire apartment for some muffins or a cake.

But there are mornings that are actually crisp, reminiscent of autumn mornings, where the sun is shining in through the windows and there's a cool breeze floating around. These are the mornings where I throw open the windows, slip on a cardigan, and bake.

On one such morning I made these:


No sugar added banana blueberry muffins. Recipe here.

I modified things slightly to accommodate what was in my cupboards (because who has time to run to the store at moments like these?) including substituting all-purpose flour for the gluten free flour and leaving out the xantham gum. My batter was thicker than the recipe said it should be, but it all worked out just fine.

They were wonderful...more bread-y than cake-y. I like that. And you really don't miss the sugar (thank you, bananas).

Love, T.

3 comments:

  1. Bananas are basically just the best sugar substitute in the world.

    You need to do this: peel and freeze a banana. Put it in a blender wish a dash of almond milk (and maybe some peanut butter or cocoa powder). Blend. Enjoy ice cream. Yuuuuummmmm.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look sooo good. I have a thing for making gluten free vegan muffins - almost a ritual - but we haven't done them in a long time.... I need to do these soon, hopefully even today. I wish I could have one right now with my rooibos tea ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clair, I will definitely try that ice cream recipe! Sounds delish!

    Ella, I hope you try these! They're so good...and pairing them with rooibos sounds a-mazing! :) Let me know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete