28 November 2010

Thankful

Well, the Thanksgiving post I meant to write on Thanksgiving is a bit late. But, since Sunday is still part of the Thanksgiving weekend, and since there can never be enough thanks in the world, I think I can get away with it.


When Casy and I talked about what we were thankful for, we both said each other first and foremost. You can barf if you want. We understand. We're also so thankful for our family and friends...this includes you, reader. It also includes Claude and Wilbur.


I am thankful, as always, to have hobbies that I am passionate about and able to do often, like knitting and baking and taking pictures.


Casy is thankful for budgets. I think we're both pretty thankful for the lifestyle that living on a budget has brought us too.

I am thankful for the Harry Potter series for giving me something magical to daydream about and get lost in.

Casy is thankful for having a job that doesn't increase his blood pressure.

I am thankful for the first snowfall of the season happening on Thanksgiving.

Casy is thankful for our real Christmas tree. We splurged on a Balsam Fir for our first Christmas as a married couple. It smells divine.

I am thankful for morning coffee and the moments of quiet it brings.

And Casy is thankful for our troops. He said he hates how cliche that sounds, but it's something he thinks about a lot and sincerely means.

We enjoyed some delicious food, a beautiful snowfall, and a lovely long weekend...and we hope your Thanksgiving was as wonderful as ours.

Love, T.

No comments:

Post a Comment